Cotton shirts are made from natural fibers and are great for all skin types. They are soft, lightweight, and comfortable to wear all day long. They generally are the most cost-effective of all fabrics, but they can be prone to shrinkage or wrinkling. Ringspun cotton is made from twisting and thinning the cotton strands, so it produces a softer feel and stronger weave than regular cotton.
- Value: Gildan Men's Softstyle T-Shirt, Fruit of the Loom Cotton T-Shirt, Gildan Heavy Blend Full-Zip Hooded Sweatshirt
- Mid-range: Next Level Men's T-Shirt, Bella + Canvas Unisex T-Shirt
- High-end: Alternative Men's Basic Crew T-Shirt, American Apparel Fine Jersey T-Shirt
Polyester is a strong, synthetic material that holds its shape to resist stretching and wrinkles (no ironing!). It's a popular choice for athletic wear because it’s quick drying, moisture-wicking, and helps keeps you cool.
- Value: Gildan Adult Performance T-Shirt, Sport-Tek PosiCharge RacerMesh Polo
- Mid-range: Badger B-Core Performance T-Shirt, All Sport M1709
- High-end: Augusta Sportswear Training Tee, Nike Golf Dri-FIT Pebble Texture Polo
Polyester and cotton combine to create a fabric that has the light feel of cotton with the wrinkle resistance of polyester. It is softer and lighter than 100% cotton, and also less susceptible to wrinkles or shrinking. Blending the fabrics increases the strength, decreases the weight, and adds to the overall softness. Blends offer a mid-range price point with a high-end feel.
- Value: Hanes 50/50 EcoSmart T-Shirt, Gildan Heavy Blend Full-Zip Hooded Sweatshirt
- Mid-range: District Made Perfect Blend T-Shirt, Next Level Men's Poly/Cotton Crew T-Shirt, Bella + Canvas Unisex Poly-Cotton Fleece Full-Zip Hoodie
- High-end: American Apparel 50/50 Tee, American Apparel Flex Fleece Zip Hoodie
Constructed from cotton, polyester, and rayon, tri-blends provide a super soft, worn-in feel and are very lightweight. They are great for everyday wear and drape nicely. Polyester retains its shape and elasticity, cotton lends comfort and durability, and rayon creates a unique texture. Because of the multiple fabrics, the colors tend to have a slight color heathering, or vintage look. With that comfort comes a price - tri-blends generally are the most expensive of all t-shirt options.
- Value: Jerzees Adult Triblend T-Shirt, District Made Men's Perfect Tri Crew Tee
- Mid-range: Bella + Canvas Tri-Blend T-Shirt, Next Level Men's Tri-Blend T-Shirt, Independent Trading Unisex Full Zip Hooded Sweatshirt
- High-end: American Apparel Men's Tri-Blend T-Shirt, Alternative Eco Jersey Crew T-Shirt, American Apparel Tri-Blend Hoodie