As of July 31, 2015 Printfection will be shutting down its on-demand store service. This article covers the reasoning behind this change, the way existing commissions will be paid out, as well as the next steps users can take to transition from Printfection's store platform.
About the Decision
Printfection has provided an online merchandise store service for the last 10 years, offering users the ability to print on-demand and sell their merchandise.
The decision to end this service has been extremely difficult, but as our business model has changed we've had to admit that we cannot offer a store platform that meets our standards.
Fortunately, the online store landscape remains strong: products such as Etsy, Spreadshirt, and Shopify offer incredible platforms from which to sell merchandise.
What does this mean for store owners?
As of July 31, 2015 all Printfection stores, on-demand products and associated data (images, themes, and content) will be removed. We have provided a guide of Next Steps to help users with this transition. After July 31, 2015 you will continue to have access to your store account to download uploaded images and update your payment information.
Accounts with commission owed above the Payment Threshold setting on their account will be paid by October 1, 2015. After October 1, 2015 accounts with outstanding commissions will be paid periodically throughout the year.
We know that changing services can be a frustrating headache, therefore we've tried to layout the best possible Next Steps below:
- Save any important images associated with your account. This includes product artwork, product imagery, and theme assets.
- Save any important meta-data associated with your account. This includes product descriptions, pricing details, and theme content.
- Make sure you’ve updated your Payment and Tax Information with Printfection
- Review alternative platforms. We recommend the following great services: Shopify.com, Spreadshirt.com, Etsy.com, and Cafepress.com
- If applicable, update any domains with DNS pointing to store.printfection.com
- If applicable, update any links you have to your Printfection store
How Does this Affect Subscribed Customers?
This change will not affect subscribed customers. The rest of our service, including giveaways, buying and storing inventory, bulk purchases, etc will not be affected by this change.
A Moment of Thanks
We also just want to say thank you to our store users. The last decade has been a fun ride. We greatly appreciate your understanding and support.